Friday, June 1, 2007

Arai Helmet Malfunction

Last year while attending the BMW MOA International Rally in VT I purchased an Arai Profile helmet. I love the helmet and the venting is fantastic. I strayed from my normal black helmets in favor of silver hoping the color would enable cars to see me better.

The other day while riding home the rear spoiler on the back came off the other day when I went to open the rear vent. I clicked it and it came off in my hand. I was going to call up to have a warrantee claim then I figured I would be without it a long time. I realized it's just put on with double sided tape. Very, very thin small strips of the shitty white kind. So I cleaned all that up. Then I buffed out my helmet a little to kind of reduce all the scratches I've picked up on my helmet in less than a year. Then I applied my own tape around more of the perimeter of the spoiler and re-stuck it on. It seems fine now but that’s lame for a $450 helmet. I should have taken pictures but I didn't think of it.

No comments: