Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spring has Sprung...

Despited quite a bit of snow still being on the ground here in Upstate NY, I got my R1200RT out of storage on Friday afternoon. I've had the battery tender on it all winter so it started right up no problem. It was a messy day though. It was raining a little, the roads were salty, sandy, wet, muddy.

I took the bike directly to Max BMW in Troy for the annual service which basically involves changing all of the fluids. I used to tackle that myself on my old BMW but since this bike is so new and under warranty I will let Max's take care of it.

I am already getting bike fever despite it only being 15 degrees outside and it's March first. I can still go skiing too and I probably will a few more times.

This year I am not scheduling up too many trips in advance. I will probably go to the Frosty Nutz Rally the first weekend of May. I went to that a couple years ago on the S. I am also thinking about doing the Minute Man 1000 this year which is early June. The Minute Man 1ooo is riding 1000 miles around New Englad in 24 hours. I have wanted to try a distance rally for a number of years. I think this is the year I do it. I am pretty certain I can do it and I will start my planning early. The only other trip I know for a fact I will be taking is a tour in the Mid-Atlantic region and New England area. It's basically going to be a trip visiting various micro brews around the east coast. I will be running this with the NYSOC. I would like to attend the Finger Lakes Rally labor day weekend but I guess I will play it by ear.

I didn't keep the blog up very well last year but I hope to do better this year. Here are a few trips I too last year but didn't blog about.
The Airheads at the Aerodome was a great trip and very relaxing.

Airheads at the Aerodrome


This wasn't a motorcycle trip but I also went camping with Buffy.
Camping Trip with Buffy


I drove almost cross-country with my friend Rob so he could get a TDI Jetta wagon. It was a lot of fun and I am glad I did it.
TDI_Jetta_Trip


The last Rally I attended was the Color in the Catskills Rally. That was a fantastic trip. It was a great way to wind down the riding season.
Colors in th Catskills

No comments: