Sunday, March 29, 2009

Nice Day for a Ride

On Saturday I met up with some friends over at Max's BMW. Tessler was there from the BMW Forum, Bubba (Derek), and Kutch (Larry) was there also.
Tessler was there to get some new tires on his K75, and Bubba was there because Kutch was thinking about buying his R1100S. We all know each other from the BMW MOA forum. It was a really nice day in the mid 60's and sunny.
Unfortunately for Bubba on the way up from Brooklyn he got a flat so he was having his rear tire replaced. Tessler's bike was still being worked on so we walked over to the diner which is a couple doors down and had some breakfast. I had french toast, and Tessler had the ham and cheese omelet.
After breakfast we walked back to Max's. Tesslers bike was done and so was Bubba's. Kutch decided he was going to buy Bubba's bike so Tessler had agreed to drop Bubba off at the train station. I programed the Albany-Rensselaer Amtrak Station into my GPS and off we went. Bubba all of his his 6"5"-ish frame and giant backpack looked pretty funny sitting on the back of Tessler's K75. We arrived at the station in about 20 minutes, we said our goodbyes to Bubba as he was able to get a train.
Tessler and I decided we would ride towards Chatham NY and then catch the Taconic Parkway. Once we arrived in Chatham we got some fuel and I decided I would ride south with him for about an hour or so to Dutchess County. We stopped for lunch at the Millbrook Diner in Millbrook NY.


We had a nice lunch and talked about lots of all sorts of things including out various summer trips we hope to take. After lunch we said our goodbyes as I wanted to start heading back north since it was already 3:30. I took State Route 82 north, the I took a variety of county routes with no planned routes. As long it was generally heading north east and was between the Taconic and the Thruway, I knew I was going in the proper direction. Once I got to Hudson I programmed the GPS to find me the quick way home. I pulled in my driveway about 5:30. It was a good day of riding. I rode about 230 miles.

No comments: