Friday, May 29, 2009

Saddle Sore 1000 Attempt Quickly Approaching...

One week to go until I go for my first Saddle Sore attempt. I will doing it as part of the Minute Man 1000. A Saddle Sore 1000 is a 1000 mile ride in 24 hours. I think I am all set although a bit nervous. It being an organized event makes me a little less nervous. I am going out for a long ride tomorrow through Vermont as a warm up and I rode to Maine and back last weekend.

Tonight I will prepare some maps on my GPS for my trip through Vermont which is also a pre-run for a car/motorcycle trip that is coming up in late June with the NYSOC called the The North East Beer and Stuff Tour. I will also prepare some maps for the Minute Man next weekend. I will also practice my fueling/eating stops and combing both into one as much as possible. I am going to try and keep an average for the day that I would need to keep for the Minute Man 1K. I will need to average about 42 miles an hour. I will provide various updates through the week as to how my preparations are going. I may also make very short posts to the blog during my attempt at the four corners of the run just to update my progress and how I am feeling from my cell phone. I will not be able to post pictures, that will have to wait until I am finsihed.

No comments: