Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

On Memorial Day weekend I went to Boothbay Harbor, ME on the RT.

I took off after work on Thursday night at around 5. I took I-90 across MA, to I-495, and then I-95 up to Maine finally getting on RT 1.

I left work early and left on Thursday night so I could try and avoid traffic on Friday. It didn't work!


There was crazy traffic on I-495. The trip ended up taking me 6.5 hours as opposed to the 5.5 hours it should take.

On Friday we visited the Botanical Gardens.


The tulips were in full bloom which was cool.
<



They had Norwegian Weeping Furs
>

A cut glass orb


The view from the shore.


They had a lot of Lady Slipper Orchids there. I haven't seen one in the wild since I was a little kid.


On Saturday I rode down to Westbrook, ME to meet up with my friend Kevin who I know through the Saab circle. He has a 2008 Saab 9-3 SportCombi with the Parrot mki9200 bluetooth unit. So I wanted to see his install and hang out a little.


Kevins garage is huge. Its bigger than his house. I think he told me it was 32X40.


Kevin has a nice Triumph Spitfire
>

and a Saab Sonett


After talking shop a little we parked my RT into his garage since it was kind of raining on and off and went out for Mexican.


Kevin and Larry at the restaurant


After lunch I went back up to Boothbay. Sunday we just chilled out and relaxed. It started out a really rainy day but it got nicer later in the day.

On Monday I head took off around 9:30 to head back home. I took I-95 to I-495 but instead of taking 90 I took Rt 2 all the way across Mass. It was a fun trip home and the weather was great. I was a nice relaxing weekend.

No comments: