Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Autumn Ride Fall 2007

First weekend with my new BMW R1200RT. The weather was nice on Sunday so I decided to take it for a trip around my favorite stomping ground Lake George along RT 9N over Tongue Mountain riding along with the yellows, oranges, reds, and maroons of fall.





I spent a little bit of time the day before dialing in the suspension to my liking. It hasn't taken my long to be able to ride it quick. I cannot get over how nimble this bike is. Its not Gixxer or Ninja by any means but it can be ridden quick.

This is the road, Rt 9N, I descended from.


Here's the RT after having just come over Tongue Mountain.


Not much of a chicken strip left after one trip over the mountain. I guess I am getting used to it pretty quick.


After playing on Tongue Mountain I head out from Hague up toward Brant Lake on RT 8. Another favorite road of mine and part of a normal 100 mile loop I do.


The colors are amazing.


It's days like this that motorcycles are made for.


One last shot of the RT.

So after a 300 weekend on the RT all signs are positive so far. I do miss my R1100S but I think more for the memories. There are some things I will have to get used to on the RT but I can't wait to start making new memories. I will be taking it on its first camping trip the first weekend of November. Stay Tuned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Place for a ride!