Sunday, October 28, 2007

Garmin 2730 Install

This weekend I installed the 2730 on my RT. I wanted to install it near the bars but not down by the ignition because I didn't want the tank bag to block the view of it.
I removed on the factory bolts and and got a longer one. Then I found a spacer I had hanging around the garage that I was hoping to use.


The spacer was too thick though to fit in the hole for the bolt though. So I ground the bolt on the bench grinder.


Then I finished it off using a hand file to get it nice and round and did a couple test fits. Then I would file more. Finally it fit just fine.


Then I removed the left side body work and ran the wiring to the battery. I think I will end up getting the Centech fuse block. I don't want to have too many things running to the battery.

Then I just used a RAM mount to finish the install.
Here is the top view


Here is the finished product.

No comments: