Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sacandaga Loop

Today I met up with FasterPill for the BMW Sport Touring Forum for a ride. We met up at the Country Cafe in Saratoga for breakfast and discuss a ride. I arrived first around 8am.


FasterPill showed up in a couple minutes.


Here is FasterPill and his K1100RS


We had talked about a few options and looked over the map. We eventually settled on riding around Sacadaga Lake on some county routes. Then it was onto more important matters, namely breakfast! I had the Pumpkin Crunch French Toast. FasterPill had Oatmeal pancakes and just one egg and corned beef hash. I like a dummy forget to get the requisite food shot.

We finished out hearty breakfast and head out for our ride. We went out toward Lake Desolation and took to the dirt.


The RT doesn't seem to mind the dirt.


RTs and RSs are just like GSs right?


Then we crossed Sacandaga at the Edinburg Bridge. I wanted to take a picture so FasterPill ran blocker for me.




Here's FasterPill running blocker.



Then we went north on County RT 4 toward the Conklingville Dam.

Then I stopped at the dam to take some pictures.




County RT 7


The other side of the dam on the Sacandaga River.


The spillway.


FasterPill waited patiently while I took a bunch of photos.


After this set of photos We went up County RT 10 toward NY RT 9N. We had so much fun we ran it back and forth 3 times. It was my first time on that road. It was pretty awesome FasterPill led most of the time and rode a brisk challenging pace. I led a little bit and I hope I didn't hold him back too much. Once we were done playing on RT 10 we said our goodbyes since we both had things to do in the afternoon. I was cool getting to ride with someone and even better than we both rode a similar pace.
It was a great day for riding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Duuuude you can RIDE! I am sure I was holding you up. There was a few short miles we got to really wind it up a bit, but you were NOT holding me up. It was a FUN pace.

I have googled pics from that bridge and you have taken the best I have ever seen. Please email me a copy of the big one as the posted ones are tiny. You can get my email off the BMWST.com site.

We will ride again SOON.